ResearchWorks Journal Hosting Service
What is the ResearchWorks Journal Hosting Service?
The Journal Hosting Service is a full-service publishing option for those interested in starting a new journal or relocating an existing title. We provide server space plus support and training for the use of the publishing platform. We provide a journal hosting solution, that offers open access, subscription or pay-per-view models. The technology can provide a robust yet flexible workflow environment that could include:
- Back-end workflow management
- Facilitating author submissions
- Guiding submissions through the various editorial processes including peer review
- Preparing manuscripts for publication
- Publishing completed issues
- Front-end user experiences
- Producing a journal web site where users can access current and archived content
- Tailoring the appearance and identity of journals
- All the while
- Providing maximum exposure and visibility of publications by making them full-text accessible for indexing by Google Scholar and other search services
- Archiving, preserving, and migrating content for future technologies
Who can use the Journal Hosting Service?
University of Washington faculty who are associated with the publishing functions of a journal or who want to start a new venture. Journal hosting on ResearchWorks may continue even if UW related affiliations change or cease to exist. For student-run journals, please contact us.
How could you use this Service?
- Starting a new journal
- Migrating a current journal to a new publishing platform and/or publishing model
- Journals needing a robust backend workflow environment even if the journal is sent off for publishing with another entity
- Archiving a ceased journal