Pacific Coast Architecture Database (PCAD)

Structures

University of Washington, Seattle (UW), Wilson, Hewitt, Ceramic Laboratory, Seattle, WA

ID: 5204
Construction Date: End Date: 1946
Notes: Alteration Note: This building was added to in 1963.
Building History: Hewitt Wilson (1891-1952), a ceramics engineer, taught in the department of engineering for 20 years, 1919-1938. He left the University of Washington to work with the US Bureau of Mines in Norris, TN. His textbook, Ceramics; Clay Technology (1927), on ceramics engineering became a standard reference work for students in the mid-20th century.
Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools - university buildings
Locations: Structure:
Seattle, WA
USA