Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorHildebrand, Grant
dc.contributor.authorSutermeister, Miriam
dc.date.accessioned2012-03-22T20:05:07Z
dc.date.available2012-03-22T20:05:07Z
dc.date.issued2007
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1773/19675
dc.description.abstractA Greek Temple in French Prairie: The William Case House, French Prairie, Oregon, 1858-59 chronicles a remarkable settlement-era Classical Revival farmhouse in Oregon's Willamette Valley. The house was built in 1859 as the headquarters of a busy and productive farming operation founded by William Case. The house is known for its distinctive peripteral colonnade and its red exterior. Hildebrand and Sutermeister were drawn to their project after a first visit to the present occupants and restorers of the house, fellow Chapter members Wallace Huntington and Mirza Dickel. Over a period of several years the authors visited their friends and conducted research aimed at more completely documenting the character of the farmhouse both in its historic period and as restored and enhanced by gardens.en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.publisherMarion Dean Ross Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Society of Architectural Historiansen_US
dc.rightsAll rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any information storage or retrieval system, without permission in writing from the authors or the copyright holder/publisher.
dc.titleA Greek temple in French Prairie: the William Case House, French Prairie, Oregon, 1858-59en_US
dc.typeBooken_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record