ResearchWorks Data Services
What is ResearchWorks Data Services?
MISSION: The ResearchWorks Data Services Team facilitates the integration of data into the intellectual discovery process across disciplinary and organizational boundaries.
In short, ResearchWorks Data Services provides services to support the research data management needs of faculty and students at the University of Washington. This includes support for finding and accessing data, data management planning, data organization, reuse of data, data sharing and storage, data citation and more. The services we offer are not limited by discipline or format, however if you are interested in geospatial data, please consult Geospatial Services.
We offer a range of services tailored to the needs of the data producer or the data user.
What services do we provide?
If you are a data user, you may be interested in:
- Resources related to finding and visualizing data through our Data Resources Guide.
- Consultation and reference services related to finding datasets and data visualization. Request more information or set up an appointment using our online form.
If you are a data producer, you may be interested in the above and:
- Information and guidance on data management available in our Data Management Guide.
- Registration of permanent identifiers for datasets through the EZID service (PDF).
- Creation of an ORCiD, a unique digital identifier for researchers.
- Consultation and reference services related to data management, including data management planning and assistance with storage, metadata, sharing and archiving of datasets.
- Classes and training related to research data management, including in-class sessions for students.
Request more information or set up an appointment using our online form.
Who is ResearchWorks Data Services?
- Stephanie Wright (Data Services Coordinator), chair
- Andrea Ball (Care Management and Population Health Librarian)
- Theo Gerontakos (Metadata/Cataloging Librarian)
- Cass Hartnett (U.S. Documents Librarian)
- Heather Johnson (Social Sciences & Special Materials Cataloger, Cataloging & Metadata Services)
- Mahria Lebow (Data Repository Librarian)
- Corey Murata (Information Resources & Collection Assessment Librarian)
- Jenny Muilenburg (Data Services Curriculum & Communications Librarian)
- Matt Parsons (Geospatial Data & Maps Librarian)
- Anjanette Young (Systems Librarian)
- Ann Lally (Head, Digital Initiatives), ex officio